In September 2014 all the Senior Deputies were in for a SHOCK? The days when they were eligible to qualify and test for the Lieutenants position were gone. When the LT’s Exam announcement came out the Senior Deputies were eliminated from the qualifications and could not test for the promotional job opening.
The Senior Deputies were upset and rightfully so.
THE TRUTH ARE IN THE DOCUMENTS
So What Happened? Here Are The Chain of Events.
- It ALL began when DSA President Cerbone removed Entry Level and Promotional Qualifications from our Contract in 2014 and he did not notify the membership of this.
- Senior Deputies Complained when they were removed from the LT exam qualifications
- Cerbone promised to fight it but never told them he had removed Entry Level and Promotional Qualifications from the contract April 24, 2014
- Cerbone filed a Grievance, an Unfair Labor Practice Complaint and a Lawsuit
Let Me Show You What Happened!
5. Cerbone filed a lawsuit in 12/2014 but never set a Court Date and never Submitted Declaration Statements. The Lawsuit has sat with no activity for years!
8. The City Responded and Claimed Cerbone had UNCLEAN HANDS
City says DSA has UnClean Hands and has engaged in wrongful misconduct and/or omissions in connection with the claim that form the basis for this litigation. Full Document
9. The DSA did not respond to the Civil Service Commission and the Unfair Labor Practice was DISMISSED!
10. The DSA did not respond to Employee Relations and the Arbitration was Closed with Prejudice!
11. Public Records request for Arbitration details. DHR stated no records of it going to Arbitration.
12. Public Records request for Arbitration details. City Attorney Office stated no records of it going to Arbitration.
No Activity since 2015